The Technical Centre for Agricultural and Rural Cooperation ACP-EU (CTA) in collaboration with the Faculty of Agriculture (University of Mauritius) and the Food and Agricultural Research Council (FARC) is organising 2 workshops on Web 2.0 Learning opportunities in Mauritius on 9-13 July and 23-27 July respectively. For each workshop, 25 participants have been selected.
The Learning Workshops would consist of the following:
- Introduction to the participatory World Wide Web (Web 2.0)
- Search Magic: How to conduct advanced multilingual online searches;
- Information Self Service: How to get selected information served to you via alerts and RSS feeds;
- Remote collaboration: How to develop content remotely using wikis and Google Docs;
- Online mapping: How to locate your organisation and your projects on a online Map;
- How to communicate voice over the internet at no cost;
- Online publishing (micro-blogging and blogging);
- Professional / corporate social networking (LinkedIn and Facebook);
- Web 2.0 self-instruction (introduction to iMARK)
The workshop will be launched officially on Monday 9th July 2012 at 09:15 (GMT+4) in the R.Burrenchobay Lecture Theatre (RBLT), University of Mauritius, by the Hon. Rajeshwar Jeetah, Minister of Tertiary Education, Science, Research and Technology.
This event, as well as the activities of the workshop will be tweeted live!
Follow us on Twitter with Hashtag: #web2MRU
Also follow MAISNET (Mauritius Agricultural Information Specialists Network) on Twitter: @mru_maisnet
If you are not on Twitter, you can also view the tweets on the Faculty of agriculture Blog (on the sidebar on the right): Link to FOA Blog
Please feel free to interact with us and share your opinions on Twitter!